Categories
Hummingbird Food

The Hummingbird’s Day

The hummingbird will feed quite frequently, between 5 and 8 times an hour according to one source or 7 to 10 times an hour according to another source.  Regardless of which source you believe, it is obvious that each feeding isn’t very long in length.  It has been said that hummingbirds only spend 30% of their time seeking nectar.  The remaining 70% of the hummingbird’s time is spent preening, singing and sunbathing. 

Do you find this information as surprising as I myself do? This just goes to show that while food is important to the hummingbird it isn’t the focus of the hummingbird’s entire day or existence.

1 reply on “The Hummingbird’s Day”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *